Connected to the project Espresso Solo Espressivo – Music at the Cafés as part of the official programme of the European Capital of Culture Pafos2017.
The Organization Pafos 2017 announces a call for scores for soloists, to be included in the project Espresso Solo Espressivo – Music at the Cafés, a series of five short solo recitals which will take place one after the other, in five different cafés of central Pafos on the 28th January 2017.
Cypriot composers, or composers who reside permanently in Cyprus, of any age and musical background.
What to submit:
One or two scores in the same or different categories, amongst the following:
- Solo Flute (C flute or Piccolo)
- Solo Viola
- Solo Violin
- Solo Voice (Spinto, classically trained male voice, range C3 – A4)
- Solo Guitar (Classical)
All instruments will be unaccompanied.
The following musicians will perform the scores:
Chrysostomos Neophytou, violin
Nikolas Efthymiou, viola
Michael-Mario Georgiou, voice
Savvas Christodoulou, flute
Timotheos Stylianides, guitar
Submitted compositions must be:
- between 3 and 5 minutes
- composed after the 1980
- and they must have never been performed in Pafos
Preference will be given to newly written works. Up to 2 works will be selected for each category and selected composers will receive a small monetary prize.
Jury The works will be selected by the five Soloists, in conjunction with the composer Christina Athinodorou.
Interested composers should send:
- A score (or two scores), by email as pdf (extracted from a music notation software or scanned handwritten score). All scores must be
- A recording of the work (if available)
- If available, 1-2 other samples of the composer’s work in digital format (eg mp3, wav or other audio files). These samples can be of any instrumentation, style or duration. Please include any webpage (personal website, Soundcloud, Youtube) where your music can be found in audio format.
- Completed and signed Application Form including composer’s contact details and biographical note.
- A copy of any valid ID card
Download the form here
Deadline for receipt of material: 31 August 2016, Wednesday
By Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Call for Composers
By Post: Pafos 2017, 55 Griva Digeni Avenue, 8047, Pafos, Cyprus