- This event has passed.
Open Living Library
Thursday 2 & Friday 3 November 2017
Ibrahim’s Khan 17:00
The gathering of stories, recollections and memorabilia from Ibrahim’s Khan, the surrounding area and the lives of its people is the aim of this project. Both this process of collection and a relevant exhibition-documentary will be presented to the public after the restoration of the historic site.
Furthermore, in an effort to regenerate this important site and achieve its functional reintegration into the everyday life of Pafos, several parallel activities will take place featuring “human books”, that islive or recorded stories and recollections, which constitute testimonies of the living memory of this landscape. In the same context, an outdoor memorabilia collection site will be set up near the Table of Unification, creating an open living library of objects that visitors can leave behind in the form of photos and messages.
Cypriot writers, among whom the writers Antonis Pillas and Ulus Irkad, who lived in Pafos before 1974, will share their experiences, while we share memories and stories of the city.
In collaboration with Europe Direct in Pafos
Hospitality sponsor:Aliathon Holiday Village
2 November 2017
Ibrahim’s Khan, 17:00
- Photography Exhibition: The photos are showing the space before and after the restoration of the Ibrahim’s Khan.
Photos by Erkenc Korkmazel
- Screenings: Interviews with people related with the Ibrahim’s Khan (Laouris (Carpenter), Christakis, George (Chair maker), Yiannis Koutsolabros (Architect), Demetris Loukaides, Niki Christou, Erkenc Korkmazel)
- Open Living Library:
Laouris (Carpenter), Christakis, Ciler Mehmemet, Hallil Ompasi, Yiannis Koutsalampros, Niki Christou
- Objects on display
3 November 2017
Ibrahim’s Khan, 17:00-19:00
10.00-12.00: School visit
- Guided tour: by the architect Dimitris Loukaides & ms Koutsolampros
- Discussion with Cypriot writers «Memories through literature».Curated by mr Andreas Petrides
- Photography exhibition: The photos are showing the space before and after the restoration of the Ibrahim’s Khan.
Photos by Erkenc Kormazel
- Screenings: Interviews with people related with the Ibrahim’s Khan
Laouris (Carpenter), Christakis, George (Chair maker), Yiannis Koutsolabros (Architect). Demetris Loukaides, Niki Christou., Erkenc Kormazel
- Objects on display