International Sculpture Symposium European Capital of Culture – Pafos2017 “Legends and Sculptures”
Time and place
The International Sculpture Symposium European Capital of Culture – Pafos2017 will be held in Yeroskipou, Cyprus 9th – 24th September 2017.
– creation of an outdoor sculpture park
– cultural and tourist development of the area
– aesthetic improvement of the area
– contact and acquaintance of Paphos visitors with the art of sculpture.
– exchange of art knowledge and experiences amongst artists of different cultures.
The topic of the Symposium
Paphos: Nature and Mythology
Cyprus Stone up to 2 cubic meters
The Symposium provides the participants with:
-accommodation (near the place of the symposium)
– € 30 (per diems) for food expenses
– a water cooler at the Symposium
– the stone for the project – up to 2 cubic meters
– € 2.500 after completion of the project.
– airport tickets for international artists – the cost should not exit €600
– electricity, air compressor , crane, storage , protection from the sun or rain ( tents )
– τtransfer from and to the airports Paphos/Larnaca
The participants are obliged to:
– complete their project according to the sketches which were accepted to the symposium. In case an artist will not be able to complete his work on time (15 days) he will not be given the aforementioned money award.
– have their own personal sculpting and finishing tools, and will be in charge of maintaining their equipment. A locked area will be provided for the storage of tools. In addition, the sculptors must have their own safety items necessary to their activity (safety shoes, goggles, mask, etc.) and professional discs for cutting stone, etc.
– make arrangements for their personal insurance during the period of the Symposium. The organizers accept no responsibility for personal injury or any other accident.
– be present at the working place during the working time of the symposium
Participation and deadlines
The Jury will select 10 sculptors according to their project proposal. Participation in previous symposia is required. All documents should be sent electronically at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th of September 2016. For downloading the Participation Form please click here.
Each participant should send:
– the participation form
– CV (name, address, e-mail, website)
– at least 3 photos of large-scale sculptures (material – stone) from previous sculpture symposia.
– the project proposal: each artist can submit up to 2 proposals of which one will be accepted. Each proposal must include:
(a) photos (from different viewpoints)
(b) description, title, dimensions of the sculpture ( up to150 words)
The results will be announced on 15th October 2016.
– The symposium will not cover other expenses such as beverages, cell phone charges etc.
– The organizers have the right to publish the artworks
– The sculptures created during the Symposium will be installed at the sculpture park in Yeroskipou and constitute the property of the municipality of Yeroskipou.
For more information, please contact Katerina Foukara, curator and coordinator of the Symposium.
All applications should be send to both emails below:
email@example.com & Foukara_katerina@hotmail.com