The Organisation ‘European Capital of Culture – Pafos2017, (referred to herein as “the Organisation”), accepts applications for the following position. The position will be granted at the sole discretion of the Organisation under a fixed-term contract.
The Volunteers Programme Officer will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will be expected to further engage, organise and manage volunteer resources to assist in the delivery of the Organization’s programmes and events in collaboration with the Community Involvement & Development Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- To inspire, lead and promote the Pafos2017 Volunteer Programme within society and the parameters of the Pafos2017 Organisation.
- To train and organise volunteers with skills and to ensure the best match between the skills, abilities and interests of the volunteers and the needs of the Organization.
- To ensure that volunteers are given appropriate training and supervision in order to be successful in their positions and that the volunteers work in a safe, healthy, and supportive environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
- To further develop and administer forms and records to document the volunteer activities and to administer and monitor expenditures for the volunteer programme against the approved budget.
- i) A university degree
- ii) Excellent organisational skills
iii) Excellent spoken and written English and Greek
- iv) Excellent knowledge and use of computer packages – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Involvement in Volunteer management and projects
The chosen person will be offered a remuneration package of €18,000 per annum, with the possibility of negotiation, depending on his/her qualifications and assessment by the Organisation.
-Interested parties should send their CV accompanied with all necessary documents, certificates and any other documents required at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday 20 July 2015. Applications which will not be accompanied by all necessary documents (certificates and other), or which will be received after the closing date, shall not be taken into consideration.
For further clarifications, interested parties can contact the office of Pafos 2017, tel. 26-932017, between the hours 09.00-16.00 or at: email@example.com . More information can be found at www.pafos2017.info